Fannie Pie: Rain, Rouge and River Rapids socks

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Rain, Rouge and River Rapids socks






We're finally catching up on our rainfall. We've had several days of drizzly, drippy wetness. I'm not sure if that's what is responsible for my four day headache but I'm pretty tired of drugs and drowsiness and the headache. It's good to get the rain we needed and I usually love this weather, but as it is I'm ready for some sun.

During my drug fogged headache days I wasn't able to knit much, but last night I worked on Rogue again. It's getting there, the hood is taking forever. I really want to finish this soon because I want to wear it! It would have been perfect for these chilly rainy days, had I left the house. I'm still loving this pattern. It's a fun sweater to knit.


I've also finished the lace socks. The pattern is River Rapids socks from the Sockbug. One of her many beautiful sock patterns she offers to everyone out of the goodness of her heart. Go check them out, even if you don't knit socks her circle of finished socks is so inspirational you might just find yourself shopping for sock yarn!

Here is the finished pair with and without Scout feet. That's Koigu KPPM in -I'm not sure what color.

I have also started another pair of socks out of Regia Cotton. It's actually a cotton wool blend, and I really like the feel of it. Very soft. I'm using my new Brittany Birch needles and I love them! They're short and smooth which, I think, makes them faster to knit with than bamboo. Might be my imagination but I think the bamboo grabs a little more and the shorter length means less sliding stitches around.


I also bought myself a little present for my upcoming trip. It transmits the stuff on my nano to any nearby radio, so I can play my music, books and podcasts through my car stereo (or any other radio)... and no wires. Technology is wonderful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Love the colors in the Koigu socks. So pretty. And Rogue is looking amazing. You'll be finished in no time. Sorry you've been not feeling well.

We missed you last night at the party. We had a really good time, although I have a headache today. Hee hee.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor you, I hope your headache is gone by now? It's such a nightmare to get them for so long - I sure know what you're talking about - and it leaves you with basically no energy anymore, totally drained, no? Do take it easy, give yourself as much rest as possible, and I hope you're doing much better by now!
I absolutely love your socks, the pattern of the River Rapids Socks is so gorgeous! And I can't believe how great your Rogue already looks, you're doing such an amazing job with it! Can't wait to see it when it's all done and finished!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O my gosh o golly, had such fun reading your blog, went back a few entries, your knitting is fabulous, and loved the fun,smile evoking quilt top (what I could see of it). I also liked your 5x5 piece, I usually try and remember to go to that, interesting pieces for not tons o bucks, but I guess dealing with wacked ears and the aftermath of taking antibiotics for 21 days (2 reasons)which I hope I never, ever, have to do again, I missed the opening, will get down there and check out the show soon. I did go to sockbug for the river rapids socks, they're beautiful. Thank you again for knitnight at the library.

9:23 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Rogue is looking GOOD!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters