Fannie Pie: Finished err... Object?

Monday, May 01, 2006

Finished err... Object?




Here is my piece for the 5x5 show at the TAC. It is sort of silly, a little Seussian, rather bright and most importantly DONE! (before the deadline, I might add.) Not so great photos, no sunshine makes for not so great photos.




The observant among you will recognize the yarn from a recently finished pair of springy socks.

Now that it's finished I have learned a thing or two about shaping for a canvas, in case I ever decide to knit another seussian stripey canvas cover. ( yea, right) It was fun, now it's done and I'm almost done with the lace socks I started here . I'll post photos when I'm done so you can be amazed at how similar the second sock is to it's mate.

I'm done with my whiney week, glad it's over. The weirdness seems to have passed, although the storms just keep on blowing through. I'm glad for the rain. I spent some of the afternoon yesterday cutting and whacking and planting in the yard. So the new things need the rain.

I'll close with a cute photo of the stinker. Even though she just brought DH a present in the form of a recently deceased tiny bird.... ah the joys of having a cat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I think it's adorable. i saw it in person and just couldn't stop touching it!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but this is beautiful! The colors absolutely rock! And Stinker is such a cutie - but when I read about dead bird presents and such, then I'm just happy that my cat doesn't want to go out! :)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters