Fannie Pie: socks and more socks!

Friday, April 07, 2006

socks and more socks!


I've got a little case of startitis. I've started a third pair of socks. I can't decide if these are obnoxious, or just relentlessly cheerful. Either way, it's a blustery, sunny day after the storms of the past couple days, and the sunshine and the flowers in my yard made me want to knit something bright and springy.

I did some stash diving and came up with this yarn I bought on a yarn jaunt with E, who just finished her first ever socks, woohoo! ( If I've got my days correct, the second sock of the pair she made in 4 days, that with taking time to go visit a yarn shop for... you guessed it, more sock yarn! ) I think she's hooked. Now she just needs a blog so everyone can see her cute socks!




Here's another shot of the spring socks. The yarn is Regia crazy color. They are resting on another project I'm working on, a new quilt. It was time, I've neglected my fabric stash too long. I decided to just wing it, grab some fabric I loved and just put stuff together and see how it feels. Anthing that makes me smile gets stitched up, no smile... set it aside or try it with something else, mo pattern, no measuring, just random happy pieces. Not the most orderly of methods ( my cutting table looks like a years worth of laundry just out of the dryer) but the results are charming.

I'm going to get back to my socks and tidying up my house before I go out to the ballet and an opening tonight. Wonderful day all around, ah spring.

7 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

I love your spring socks! Yay for spring-y socks!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I didn't realize the yarn you bought would end up so colorful! I love those. I MAY have to get myself some.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that yarn, it's working up really pretty and cheerful. I'm working on a pair from Sockotta that was really pretty in the skein but not knitting up very pretty. I'm disappointed!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those colors!

Your rogue looks great too, and has someone been shopping sale yarns in my backyard, at Webs? Hmm. ;) And my dog, like your cat, is Scout (aka Scoutie, aka Scoutie Max, aka Scoutiemaxachussets. Don't ask me.) A good literary reference, any day (our cat is Idgie).

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who has just started knitting rogue.

And hey, thanks for being a standup librarian--keep speaking out! We readers thank you!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looove this yarn, it's so cheerful, perfect spring colors! Regia has such beautiful colorlines, whenever I see some of it, I feel like grabbing all of it and running away screaming with joy :)

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are awesome. I think I have some of that yarn - but I don't remember it being so bright! I have to dig it out and cast on....

9:06 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

This color of yarn is just awesome
!!!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters