Fannie Pie: Next!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Next!


Now that the Olympic fun is over, I'm looking for another knitting project. (I'm working on socks while I think) I still have the beautiful silkroad aran that I'd love to use next, but can't decide what to make with it....

While I'm thinking, I've got the stripey Olympics socks, and one embossed leaves sock to make. I also bought sock yarn yesterday, and more came in the mail..... no shortage of yarn here.

Last night was book group. I had fun and as I expected, the things that bothered me about the book either weren't noticed by others or weren't the annoyance to them that they were to me. It was fun to hear what everyone thought about it and pick another book for next month. We chose something completely different for next month. Laurie Notaro's We thought you would be Prettier, which I have wanted to read for a while. I actually bought the book to take to the Salado games, but I knit instead. I also finished She got up off the couch, which I loved.

I think I'll download Secret Life of Bees from Audible, because Sue Monk Kidd will be here at our Central Library April 1st. Everyone who has read this seems to love this book. I'm thinking I'll listen to it, but maybe I should just buy a copy to read, then I can ask her to sign it at the program.

It's a sunny, pretty day and I've got to get ready for work. It's supposed to be in the 80's today. crazy. Speaking of crazy, here is Scout on my sheepskin. She sometimes acts afraid of it, and sometimes acts like it's her mommy. Today, she was so focused on kneading it, she wouldn't even monster me while I was taking pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters