Fannie Pie: Pictures as promised

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Pictures as promised


Here are the photos of my completed cabled jacket. It has no buttons, nor has it been blocked, but the knitting is done! It was a fairly quick knit, I can't remember when I started it exactly, but about a month ago. The cable detail is very easy and fun.

It's very soft and it fits, (although I think I know now why I don't own anything with raglan sleeves, I don't really like how they feel when I'm wearing it) and I'm sure I'll wear it.

What I really love is the yarn, Jo Sharp aran tweed. I bought more:-) Two sweaters worth. I don't have patterns picked out yet, one might be a sweater for DH. The other might be for a Rogue for me...

Last night I picked up the Manos sweater I started while the cable jacket was blocking and worked on it for a while. I don't know if I can get it finished before the Knitting Olympics starts but I'm going to try. It'll be good training!

3 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

I found your site through the Oklahoma Knitters ring. I live in OKC and it's always nice to see blogs from fellow Okies!

Beautiful jacket. It looks so warm and comfortable!

And good luck on the knitting Olympics! I entered, too--but with a significantly less challenging project!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Awesome job!! It looks absolutely beautiful!
Good luck on your Olympics project. I'm going to tackle Mariah from Knitty.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

This looks awesome, nice work. Jo Sharp is such a great brand. We were just talking about that at my knit group.

btw - thanks for the reference to Library Thing. I'm in love with it. I spent a lot of time this weekend entering our library...and then their server crashed and I lost all my entries! My spirits are up though - I'll just have to start over again.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters