Fannie Pie: Wild and Wooly girls weaving and a Sock

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wild and Wooly girls weaving and a Sock


I took a few days off giving myself a long weekend. It's been a fun little break. I got lots of not so fun errands done like two car repair appointments that were over due, and some fun stuff too.

Saturday I went to the Wild and Wooly girls meeting where we did a little card weaving. I hadn't done this in about 12 years and had fun playing with it again. It started with a little demo of cutting warp and threading cards (although the instructor had kindly threaded cards prepared for all of us!!) and progressed to weaving a nice little row of trees. I'm new to this group but they do lots of fun fibery stuff and just couldn't be a nicer group. Some talented spinners and knowledgable folks so I'm looking forward to learning more.

On the knitting front, I fininshed the back of my Londra sweater and I have one and a half socks done for Socktoberfest! I should finish them soon. I got distracted by the card weaving and other activities this weekend.
I will be further delayed by a request for a tiara. I should really make a few and have some on hand for just such an occasion. I'll post photos of that as soon as it's done. After the tiara, it's time to get to work on my tree for the festival of trees. Somewhere inbetween I'll finish my stripy sock. I may have to keep these for myself, I really like the colors.

Tonight we're off to see the new Wallace and Grommit movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters