Fannie Pie: Scout knits

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Scout knits

Here is Scout, taking a break during a hard days monstering and knitting. She is working on a corkscrew mohair scarf. She loves the mohair yarn and I think it's a great color for her.

She is off to the vet today to have a little operation. She couldn't eat after 10 last night which irritated her to no end. She woke up this morning and her little world had rudely changed.

No more food on demand, got shut in a crate, and made to ride in the big scary car to the place where they pick and poke you with stuff. Unbelieveable.

On the knitting front, I've almost finished the scarf Scout was working on in the pictures, no real progress on the sock, sweater or anything else.

My mother did request a new scarf to go with a pumpkin colored jacket. I found a beautiful hand dyed silk/mohair laceweight blend called Haiku, in the gold and grace colorway. For the record the color is much more varied and rich in person, the website almost looks like a solid color. It's the softest thing ever and I can't stop touching it, so I'm sure it will be on the needles before I finish my other projects. I just need to get it wound into a ball, lacking a swift it will require the assistance of DH. Luckily I have a ball winder and a DH who likes gadgets.

I realize that even though this blog is named after my big sweet girl, it's been all Scout, all the time. Pretty much how it is in real life. Fannie is the spooky sweetheart and she gets monstered right out of everything. She is shy, soft and polite, and has the most adorable face, definitely worth showing off here! So for the record here is the one and only Fannie Pie.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Quiltarian said...

I think I will teach my kitties to quilt. They love pushing the pieces around on the floor already!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters