Fannie Pie: Socktober wrap up and Fuzzyfeet

Friday, November 04, 2005

Socktober wrap up and Fuzzyfeet




Well, I didn't finish the knit picks pair of socks by the end of October. In fact, they're still not finished.... I just picked up stitches for the gusset.

I got a little distracted by Gromitknits' Fuzzy Feetalong. So I had to cast on one huge sock for fuzzy feet before I started the second knitpicks sock. I have been wanting to make fuzzy feet since I saw the pattern in Knitty, but I just hadn't yet. So the fuzzy feetalong was the perfect excuse to try out that pattern.

I was a little curious about the actual size of the unfelted fuzzyfoot. Would they be as huge as they seem? I've seen pictures on other people's blogs of fuzzy feet and they look zigantic. In fact, it seems like the thing to do to take a photo with one on your head. I won't be doing that, although I surely could. It would definitely fit.

Here is another photo with one of the knitpicks socks for scale. Putting it on my head would probably have been better to show scale, but I ain't playin'. If they look a little long, it's because they are for someone with large feet, so I adjusted them according to the instructions. Let's hope they fit.

In non-knitting news, it was the most beautiful day today. I had luch on the patio of BBD with a friend. It was lovely.




1 Comments:

Blogger Sanders said...

Good call Shemadu, it's fair isle for cheaters! The yarn is dyed that way... self striping yarn so you don't have to switch colors and you still get.. well you get fair isle for cheaters! It's not as pretty as real fair isle but I prefer to finish then during my present lifetime!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters