Fannie Pie: Olympics? Me?

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Olympics? Me?

Ok, stop laughing. I've joined the knitting olympics hosted by the Yarnharlot. I am going to attempt to complete a cabled sweater in 16 days. My current project is a cabled cardigan, I'm not quite done with it and I've been working on it for almost a month. So... it will be a challenge, but my current project fell among all the holidays and all the festivities may have cut into my knitting time (realistically I had more time off and I did take my knitting with me everywhere...). I was also temporarily sidetracked when my Nano arrived sans cover and I had to design and knit 3 ipod sweaters. Yes three, I have to have choices and they're small and fun to design. I must get pictures posted soon.

So, other than the knitting olympics.. I've been busy with work stuff, some fun projects there.. weeding, curious george program, knitting group, reading workshops for parents, movie night planning... work type stuff.

My book group met for the first time Monday and it was fun, good discussion of Wickett's Remedy and interesting thoughts about the sidenotes and other articles and stuff inserted in the story. I listened to most of it on my nano, although even at the fastest speed it's much slower than I read. So listening takes a long time. Our next book is The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Should be interesting- great reviews and I've heard lots of good things about it...I have to go get it from Audible so I can start listening to it.

Got birthday presents from my parents they got in Hawaii.. great yoga cat shirt with all the poses written out in hawaiian.

Also heard from Ulla,my friend in Finland, today!!! She says it's -25C there, very very cold, but all is well with her wonderful family. Hello Ulla, drop me a comment if you visit my blog! We may be going to Scotland in 07, and if we do I'll have to sneak in a hop to Tampere and visit. It's been a long time since I was there.... it's a beautiful place, so many good memories.

I'm off tomorrow, if I finish the cabled cardigan I'll post pictures. Well it's time for me to get training.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I may have said this about 1 million times before but I *heart* audible.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters