Fannie Pie: Who Knew?

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Who Knew?

Wow... this may have been around forever, but I just discovered it (thanks to Bookish Wendy) and I love it. Pandora is a wonderful idea, and so far has been spot on for me.


It may just be me cuz I love Novelist and other services that try and figure out (guess) what books you'll like based on other things you've read and enjoyed. There are just so many different qualities to things like books and music, and you know, taste? totally unpredictable if you ask me! This coming from someone who likes Douglas Coupland, Janet Evanovich, Tolstoy, Fanny Burney and Defoe and Dashiell Hammet, just to name a few that don't seem to have any common thread. (for the record Amazon refers to Ms. Burney as Frances... but the library catalog lists Fanny, you know I'm going to be going with the public library... does anyone know if Amazon uses OCLC?)

Well, anyway, so far Pandora is some kinda voodoo mind reading thing... 6 tunes in and I've loved all of them... there were even a couple new ones to me. How did I not know about Tina Brooks? Seriously. True Blue's Up Tights Creek? How could I have lived with jazz musicians for the last 18 years and missed that?
Thanks Wendy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Yer welcome. I feel the same way about my book choices. There is an interesting memoir-ish type book that addresses this. So Many Books, So Little Time: A Year of Passionate Reading by Sara Nelson.

I used to have a list of books that I would read next. However, I found that when I finished one I would have a completely different desire and not want to read the next on the list. Reading choice is such an organic process and I think that is one of the reasons why I love it so much.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters