Fannie Pie: Hooray for Weekends!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Hooray for Weekends!


I'm ever so glad it's here..... lots of fun things going on this weekend. First is Blue Dome Arts Festival. I'm planning on going there for breakfast and checking out Three Penny Upright. Then some shopping at the festival, and possibly even wander over to that other festival. Sunday I'll be heading back down to Blue Dome to check out some men in skirts, that's DH and company, they'll be piping up a storm for festival goers. It just ain't a festival without some loud ass men in skirts.

Graduation is coming up fast, and for those of us creating graduation presents, seen here in an old post and at the early stages here, that means there's work to be done if they are to be high school graduation presents, not college graduation presents.

I also have a list as long as my arm of things I'd like to do before the Alma trip, which means they need to happen this weekend. Then it's a short week and another long weekend!!!!!


In knitting news, I finished grafting ( or as some clever knitter called it 'Halliburtoning') my Rogue hood! This is the part I've been a little concerned about.. I didn't really think much about it, until I read there were cheat sheets!!

Then I realized that grafting cables did seem like it might be a little bit complicated, and it does fall right on the center of the hood where everyone can see it, hood up or down! Yikes.

Turns out though, not too bad. In fact, I ditched the cheat sheet after about 8 or 9 rows because I couldn't remember where I was on the chart and it seemed easier to just look at the front needle and see what I needed to do and then look at the back needle... and so on and I figured it out.

I'm pretty happy with the result, even though I haven't blocked it yet and I may have possibly pulled a little too tight on my grafting stitches. Can you see it? Yea, me too a little...still it's my first crack at grafting cables and it's such a beautiful pattern I don't think anyone will notice.

Now, on to the sleeves...

**edited to add....

I've somehow hosed up the top immovable blogger banner on my blog. crap. not sure how that happened. I am aware of it and awaiting the advice of my technical advisor (that would be V, my DH, who is ohsosmart about such things) stupid banner.

***** edited again****

DH fixed the banner at a glance! Stupid stray tags!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure have a busy weekend coming up to you - do have fun though and enjoy yourself!
Such a great grafting job you did with the Rogue, I can't wait to see the pics of it when it's all done - great work!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The grafting job looks really great, am looking forward to seeing it at knit night, you will bring it? Busy woman! I personally think any opportunity to see men in skirts is well worth it,....just what is it that is so appealling...men in skirts..must be some kind of ancestral/racial memories in the brain.....all I know is I sure do like seeing those men in skirts! You will be seeing plenty of them next weekend, bring back some visuals if you can, and have fun!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The grafting looks great! I'm a bit anxious about that, too. But I'm nowhere near getting to that anyhow. I just picked up the Rogue again after its hibernation and am now working on the upper back...

2:24 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Great grafting! I am wanting to do a Rogue and joined the Rogue KAL to see all the great tips. I'm making a Shedir right now, there is a pic on my blog, then Celtic Cap, then Rogue -- that's my plan. Oh, but I joined the Sonnet KAL, and that's a summer knit, must do that first. Thanks for the pix! There's hope for me yet.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Knitty Cent said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! I really need to pick up my knitting needles! Thanks so much for checking out my blog too. I'm not too great at knitting Barbie dresses, as it seems crochet is more forgiving of minor errors than knitting is. It's always great to see what's going on with fellow librarians. :-D *hugs*

Anna

8:09 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Hey Gal, I need your email so I can send your invitation to "Have Socks, Will Travel". Have a terrific weekend.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters