Fannie Pie: Happy Blogiversary to me!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Happy Blogiversary to me!


I just realized that my blogiversary was yesterday! One year of knit blogging. I scanned back thru the knitting in the past year and it really seems like alot when you look at it all at once. ( and that's not counting the double super secret knitting that I don't blog.) WooHoo.

Even though I was ignorant of my anniversary, I marked the event at the local knit night with a great group of knitters! This is such a wonderful group of people who meet and knit, I really look forward to seeing all the progress and projects every one is working on and hearing about the new tools, yarn and gadgets everyone is getting. Knitter's are the best.
On the knitting front, I finished a sweater! It's a wee tiny sweater, but it's a sweater! It's the baby bolero from One Skein. I loved this sweater when I saw it, and just had to try it. I really like how it turned out, and that it's made of organic cotton. I would change a couple things if I were to make it again. I'd kitchener the shoulder seams and I'd pick up stitches around the armholes and knit the sleeves in the round for a seamless sweater. The cotton is very soft, but bulky so the seams are pretty clunky. I still love it.

Scout loves it too, I have not picture of the bolero without Scout in it.


It seems like everyone and their brother is pregnant or has just given birth so I think there may be more baby boleros in my future. Coincedentally enough this baby bolero was a one day project that coincided with the arrival of Liam! Welcome Liam!

I have also finished the socks that broke the camels' back and am still plodding along on icarus. I've started another pair of socks that will be a donation to raise money for Susan G. Komen foundation. I've started them with the new knitpicks metal dpns, and I agree with the multitude of knit bloggers out there who love them. I don't usually use metal dpns, haven't cared for them in the past, but these are very smooth, very light and very very pointy. Love the points!

That's pretty much all the knitting progress. I haven't been reading much. I finally gave up on Douglas Coupland's newest, JPOD. I read 300 pages and realized that the self referencing thing was so annoying I no longer cared what happened to any of the characters, especially the author.

I've got the new Marian Keyes, Anybody Out There, looking forward to that and hopefully my book group will meet again soon. I miss having a book group selection in the wings.

I'll leave you with the first picture I took of Scout.


Cute, innocent looking harmless little kitten.

HA!

8 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Happy Blogiversary! Thanks for dragging me out of the house for Knit Night. It was a lot of fun!

Adorable kitty photo too. Love it.

10:31 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

The bolero is adorable.

10:31 PM  
Blogger miss ewe said...

Cute kitty! Happy anno!

Funny about Jpod... when I looked at it, I had the impression I wouldn't like it, so I didn't pick it up, but it just made the Giller long list! (which is usually a good reading list) Anyway, after reading your "review", I think I'll stick with my initial reaction.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! Knit Night was fun. Good group last night, hi Emma, I'm glad she got you out last night too. I've been eyeing that wee bolero, but I don't know anyone expecting...yours is fabulous.
O'My...Scout was too precious...and I usually don't use that word.

3:58 PM  
Blogger katie said...

What a pretty little bolero. And it's made from one skein? Can't beat that!

Happy Blogiversary! And many more...

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness that kitten is adorable. i finally got my computer up and running for the first time since i left for italy (the first time... in march) so i thought i'd see what you were up to. shame about jpod, i was eyeing it in the bookstore. hope you are well, which you seem to be since you have the world's cutest kitten!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bolero looks so cute on Liam! The color is perfect on him. I'll take a picture and send it to you.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Happy Blogiversary! The time sure goes fast, doesn't it?

Love the baby bolero! I might have to make that sometime soon.... You're NOT helping me! LOL!

Can you tell me more about how you're donating things to the Komen foundation? I tried contacting the Tulsa one and never got a response....

Hope to see you at the K.N.I.T. Guild meeting Monday the 9th--it'll be at Loops.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters