Fannie Pie: Progress and purchases

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Progress and purchases

Here's the progress on Icarus.



That's three and 1/2 repeats of the pattern, I think. I'm glad I picked a fairly simple project for my first lace, because I've already messed it up once. In a horrifying feat of daring I didn't know I was capable of, I dropped 7 stitches down about 14 rows and reknit them. Twice. The first time I didn't take into account that every other row is a purl row.

I got it right the second time and am now paying a little closer attention. I'm still enjoying Icarus and can't wait until it's done... but it's getting bigger and bigger... rows take forever. Pretty soon I'll be on to the next chart and some more interesting patterning.

Since I'm enjoying this lace project so much I decided to buy some more lace yarn for the next one.... I really like the colorways of Schaefer's Andrea so I bought this...


It's the Louisa May Alcott colorway, it's beautifully colored silk. Here it is wound into a ball, which, with some monstering by Scout, almost ended up in two separate balls or a 1000 yd. knot. She is such a stinker.

Along with Andrea came this....


That's Cherry Tree Hill's supersock in clover.... these lovely yarns came with several other pairs worth of sock yarn. I believe I'm reaching SABLE status, at least with the sock yarn. It's hard to say, when I'm knitting socks I can go through some serious sock yarn.

When I'm not knitting, I've been watching MezClave at various places around town. Great latin jazz, so much fun. Other than that, not much going on.. too hot to do much of anything except knit, work, visit with friends and enjoy great music. Not a bad way to spend the steaming end of summer.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm, pretty yarn, mmmmm,drooool.
Icarus coming along just fine and looking great, that really is some nice yarn, so glad you brought it with you to knitnight, so soft, and the colour is dreamy. Did you get some time to look at your schedule? tutorial?

7:09 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Arghh! I haven't even restarted mine yet! Yours looks gorgeous, as per usual. All the photos are fab too!

7:10 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Congrats on your Icarus! It looks great. I can't wait to see it when it's done.

1:22 PM  
Blogger miss ewe said...

Wow, your Icarus looks great. I am dancing on the edge of lace knitting right now. I really want to, but I'm still a bit tentative. I loved the Icarus pattern too, but is it really "easy"? A good lace starter?

2:22 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Icarus looks great so far. If you're new to lace, I suggest just following the pattern closely, use stitch markers and trust the pattern! The other charts are much more interesting, but the 400 plus stitches get a bit tiresome after a bit.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters