Fannie Pie: Knit Night!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Knit Night!






Tonight was the first knit night I've made in a while. It was so good to see everyone and think knitting again. I've been distracted from all my yarn and knitterly things by all my travel and catching up on other stuff, so good to be back.



There has been a little knitting. very little. I managed to complete a piece for the Tulsa Artists Coalition's annual 5x5 show. It was a felted knitted thingy. Different than the seussian knitted thingy I did last year. Unfortunately I only took the 'before' pictures and have no pictures of it felted. (how is it that I always forget the 'after' pictures?) Here are two of the befores, for what it's worth it looked very similar after, but feltier. You knitter's know.




I also received an amazing gift from a newly married friend, she brought it back from her honeymoon for me. What a wonderful present, it's hand dyed, handspun silk... all the watery colors of a mermaid, with an amazing sheen..... I'll have to think of something amazing to make with it.... ideas?

I'm also getting ready to hit the road again. An actual road trip, and I'm ready. (I know, I just got back! I can still be ready!) I'm going to the US pipeband championships ( with the US pipeband champions thankyouverymuch) and they'll see if they can kick butt in a higher grade this year. I'll also be going home, which is always wonderful. There I hope to do a little knitting.


If I get busy I'll finish the sock I started in MARCH before I go...I knit about four rounds tonight at knit night. Well, it's a start!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What amazing yarn from your newlywed friend! You should have brought it to Knit Night last night so we could all feel it. Bring it next time, please.

Thanks for the blog tips. I finally posted last night.

When do you and the bagpipe champion go on your trip? I hope they will win again this year.

12:12 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Can you take an 'after' picture at the show? I'd love to see how it all felted. Pretty new yarn, too!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I love the knitted felted thingy, very pretty.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

That's some amazingly beautiful handspun yarn ye have there, how thoughtful of your friend to gift you with it.
It was great having you back at knitnight, miss you when you're not there!
I thought hard and seriously about the 5x5, obviously the hard serious thinking didn't get it accomplished! perhaps next year.
Best of good wishes for the piping band this year.
Have a great time on your road trip, mmmmm lots of men in kilts..
and a relaxing and leisure time back home!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

You've been tagged. Go to my blog for details.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm honored that the yarn made it to your blog!!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters