Fannie Pie: Winter

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Winter


Once again we're having actual winter weather. In Oklahoma.

It's enough to make a yankee girl happy.


I already had a three day weekend, but there's something about a wintery weekend that makes it even better. I've baked something yummy, tidied up my house, worked on a grant, listened to some music and am about to move on to my knitting and a good book on my ipod.


I've finished the Noro cardigan and will block it this weekend, possibly wear it next week. I am half finished with my fancypants mitten and have started a pair of socks. I think the socks are headed for the frog pond, since they look like they'll be too big for me. I'm more in the mood for bigger projects anyway, so many sweaters lined up.


I wrote down all the sweaters that I have already bought the yarn and patterns for

( calculating for the knit from my stash project, so I could be sure I wouldn't 'run out'. *snort* NO CHANCE of that happening. none whatsoever.)

I have a total of 12 sweaters, ready to go. Yarn, needles, pattern, everything. If I can knit up 12 sweaters before Sept. then I will excuse myself from my yarn diet and give up my "knit from my stash" commitment. And I'm only talking about the yarn earmarked for specific sweaters. Not mentioning the mountain of sock yarn or other 'unassigned' yarn that somehow found it's way home with me, nor am I counting the enormous amount of weaving yarn recently rediscovered in my attic!


Well I'm off to enjoy the weather and try to knit a dent in my stash!

Stay safe and warm.


5 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Wow, 12 sweaters lined up and ready to go? Amazing.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 sweaters!!!! I'm impressed.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to see actual white on the ground? The cold I could do without, though; it makes it very difficult to get help with laundry -- in the uninsulated garage.

Happy knitting, my dear, and stay well and warm. (Seems like everyone in my house is sick.)

Connie

1:21 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Whoaaa! That is one stunning photo!

Hmmmmm, sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy,.... 12 sweaters?
I'm looking forward to your upcoming knitting!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For shame, Sue! I have it on the best of authority that you've finished a sweater (and who knows what else); post about it already!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters