Fannie Pie: Knitting Gifts

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Knitting Gifts

The holidays were wonderful! There was family, food, friends, and even some gifties. Knitting gifties, even!




DH got me this....


That's a Frostrosen mitten kit from Nordic Fiber Arts. In the charcoal and light grey colorway. I wasn't sure it was within my current knitting skills (having never done two color knitting before) but I decided to just dive in, in my typical fashion, and it's fun! Addictive! I did about 4 inches in one sitting. Seems to be coming out fine.


I also received this from my parents...


It's Knitpicks Options needle set. So, I am all set, needle wise. No more searching for a circ I may or may not own. No more waiting to start a project until I run to the yarn store to get a particular size. Nope, I've got them all, and they are all in a nifty case.

So I'm ready to knit in 2007. I'm contemplating Wendy's 'knit from your stash' for 2007... I'm not sure I'd make it, even with all the exceptions. But, I think I"ll try, what about you?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not me. I have a nice stash but I am promoting "Support Your LYS 2007". I bought the Options needles a few months ago and I LOVE those needles!! Hope you enjoy them also.

9:57 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Ooh, what nice knitty gifts! That mitten pattern looks gorgeous. I think I'm with Kay on "Support Your LYS 2007". I put myself on a yarn diet in 2006, and can only say that Dieting. Sucks. :) Good luck to you, though!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Awesome! You got the needle set! I wanted that too, but I didn't get it. Boo.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Ooooooh, beautiful mitten pattern! Oh boy, the needle set! I asked Bobby if he'd like to get me one for my BD, 'but of course', I'm so excited, I'm so happy for you, please try and bring them to the knit night, I'd love to really see them.
About that knit from your stash thing, seems to me that I could actually pull that one off, may, if I get an order into Knitpicks really quick here....heh.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great haul - these mittens will look awesome!
Happy New Year, and all the best to you and your family!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Yay for you for the great knitting gifts! (And YAY DH and parents for getting wonderful gifts for you). I love my Options set.

Hope to see you at guild soon!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters